Friday, July 31, 2015

That Time of Year

Well it's that time of year when we are outside and my little (well not sooo little anymore) girl is playing with all her neighborhood friends.  And then they all appear in my driveway - begging and pleading in that cacophomy of voices that only little girls can make! 
Wondering if it's time yet!!!!!  Time for what you ask?  Scavenger Hunts!  Last year the girls grew bored of jump rope, sidewalk chalk and water balloons!  I know who ever thought water balloons would grow old - but me being the homeschool mom that I am decided the real problem was mushy brain!  So I devised Scavenger Hunts for the girls a couple times a week.  Once they got the hang of it they couldn't get enough!  Well, needless to say I was glad when all those long lazy evenings drew to a close because I was running out of ideas.  

Now over the winter months I took time to devise new and hopefully creative ones to keep these girls not only active and busy but protect them from MUSHY BRAIN!!!

If you would like some printable lists and ideas - go to the tab above marked Scavenger Hunts.  Let me know if you have any to add to the list or if you used some of these and how it went for you!  Thanks for reading along! 

Here are some fun ideas for scavenger hunts -  printable lists on their way!

  • Alphabet Hunt - if you have a camera or a cell phone camera use it to take photos of 26 items!  One for each letter of the alphabet!  Don't forget to set a timer.  If you do not have a camera available - then take along a paper bag and start collecting.  You can write on the bag each letter as you acquire an item so you know what you have 
  • Shape hunt - you can do the same as the alphabet hunt but hunt for shapes - squares, rectangles, triangles, diamonds, pentagon, octagon, circle, oval, cube, tube . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment